Safe to use a vibrator during pregnancy?
The sexual activity and use of vibrators are a common concern during pregnancy. If you are having a normal pregnancy, you can use vibrators or sex toys; However, keep in mind that you need a greater degree of caution in some situations.
Mothers who are pregnant often wonder if it is safe to have sex during pregnancy. The concern is even higher in couples who conceived her first baby. It is imperative to understand that safe sex practices are perfectly fine as long as your doctor has not banned their sexual relationship. The next logical question in this regard is whether sex toys or vibrators are safe during pregnancy active?
Answer: Although so far no study or clinical trial was conducted that would determine the safety or dangers of using sex toys during pregnancy, most health professionals believe that there is no restriction or apparent danger in vibrator use, if some care is maintained.
Orgasms (the sensation of pleasure after intercourse or vibrator use) is absolutely safe during pregnancy; However, if you are at risk for preterm / preterm labor or you are experiencing frequent uterine contractions, it is best to avoid the use of vibrator and / or sexual activity to avoid orgasm (and any potential harm to the fetus well be).
What are the precautions to take when using a vibrator during pregnancy?
A lot of women like to use sex toys and vibrators during pregnancy (because the increased blood flow to the vaginal area to improve sexual stimulation and feel of a big deal, making more enjoyable orgasms). However, care must be taken strictly.
- External vibrators are usually a better choice than the internal. This is mainly because most internal vibrators are manufactured from plastic which always presents a risk of penetration into the cervix. This can irritate the cervical mucosa and may endanger your pregnancy.
- Keep extra care of hygiene and cleanliness. Make optimally separates sterilize after each use. If you are using the same toy / vibrator for fore-play or anal penetration, avoid using it in the vagina, as it increases the risk of bacterial infection several folds.
- Be sure to never use a sex toy and forth without ideal cleaning or at least washing. You can also cover the dildo with a condom to minimize riskhealth of sexually transmitted infections.
- Be gentle when you are using the vibrator as the material is much harder and tougher than the penis (and probably can damage your vaginal lining).
- Use warm soapy water to wash the sex toy / vibrator and store it in a clean drying.
- Do not use sexual / vibrators toys, if you have low altitude placenta / active vaginal infection or weak cervix uterus.
What are some warning signs to watch?
Some warning signs to watch out for:
- If while using the vibrator, you feel pain, discomfort or irritation; stop immediately.
- If you are feeling moderate pain or vaginal bleeding even after an hour of vibrator use, talk to your doctor immediately. The same is true for other sex toys or even copulating with male organ.
- If you're near term (any time after 37 weeks of gestation) and orgasm or the vibrator use is followed by regular, painful contractions beyond 2 hours; you should contact a healthcare professional to make sure this is not the beginning of labor.